George R. Burgess, Sr. Memorial

This blog (short for web log) was created as a site for posting thoughts, memories, pictures, or other items related to grandpa Burgess. Since a couple of grandchildren requested that we find a way to share thoughts, let's use an efficient tool.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Integrity

I've had grandpa on my mind a lot during this time also. Especially during the week we were at York Convention. The previous year after this convention we stopped by grandpa's room to bring a chair and other items. That was the last goodbye for me and I'm satisfied with it. Somehow I felt that my last gesture being a simple task to lend a hand was fitting and he would have approved. Nothing spectacular, no drawn out elaborations, just doing what needed done.

Duane Hopkins mentioned at this convention that our service to the Lord isn't just something that's necessarily separate and apart from the business of life. Rather, it's manifest in how we conduct our business and our life. It really struck me that this seemed to be grandpa's spiritual philosophy. He was much more interested in keeping true and upright in all of his dealings than in the formality and ritual associated with man-influenced religion. We all have our strengths and weaknesses but I can't think of a better example of keeping our sheaf upright in the world of business.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam Rollison said...

Amen!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home