George R. Burgess, Sr. Memorial

This blog (short for web log) was created as a site for posting thoughts, memories, pictures, or other items related to grandpa Burgess. Since a couple of grandchildren requested that we find a way to share thoughts, let's use an efficient tool.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

From Gerry: Today's the Day

Today is Grandpa’s 94th birthday. I admired how he faced life. My Dad was so fearful of it, of the cost, and the pain. But Grandpa faced it with a “bring it on attitude”. He was a brave soul.

I appreciated, too, that he understood human love and how to express it. That won him many loyal friends. He was a larger-than-life, colorful character!

Love, Mom (Gerry Burgess)

2 Comments:

Blogger ant Vik said...

So wonderful to see new additions to the website!

George was one of the most wonderful men I ever met, it means so much just to add my thankfulness for the times I spent with both George and Mary. They taught me so much about how to love one another and our Lord.
Thanks for all you share!!
Vicki Soderberg Mishler

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened onto this blog accidently but glad I did! What a neat way to share memories and thoughts!!! Lorna and Garland

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home